Thursday, August 03, 2006

We Need Your Money!!!

Well the time has come for the cash to flow...flow freely indeed! Yes this is a shameless call for your money. Shameless because the money is not for me. A call because I don't have access to your bank accounts!. Money, because you can't feed kids with good intentions (we all know what Mr Lewis says about good intentions!!!)

One of my challenges in this world is that there are so many issues, I often feel insignificant. There are also so many options to help, that the feelings of insignificance are bolstered. That doesn't mean I shouldn't try!

I also have another confession to make. I have become immune to the footage on TV of hungry African kids in crisis and I hate that!

SO my challenge to you is to go to here and read some stories. LET IT GET TO YOU!!

Yes, I am doing the World Vision 40 Hour Famine. If you don’t know what I am talking about, each year people all around the world people get sponsored to ‘do without’ for 40 hours. The money goes to help some of the poorest and most struggling of our fellow humans, usually kids.

That’s where you come in. Can I ask for your money again? Could you please sponsor me?

If it’s a YES, let me know, or go to ‘Help kids by sponsoring Billy’.

If you are asked for the Famine Number, please enter 26192073-0. This makes sure that the donation is recorded against me and that I'm sent a record of your donation (the important bit!!!)

If it’s a NO, go to the start of this post and start reading again because you must have missed something!

6 comments:

Dr Dan said...

Put me down for .000138888 cents per second that you fast. Ohh, any I will supply you a bag of barley sugar.

Billy said...

Thats great, thanks for that, but will with bank allow you to pay $19.999872? You might need to do some rounding.

Can i get an advance on the barley sugar?

Ludicrousity said...

I guess I always think that the 40 hours famine is for teenages, coz I did it when I was in high school. I tend to just sponser peopel now. maybe I'll think about doing it.

Billy said...

Either way Tink, I just think it gives a tangible option to help out the people that can't help themselves! So will you sponsor me? If you end up doing the famine, i will sponsor you! Everyone wins.

Dr Dan said...

SO I guess this is where you work out who your family and firends really are, in your time of need. NOW where is Captain America???? Cappy? Where's your money for the children?? Cappy, Cappy, You Out there Cappy?

Ludicrousity said...

Sure billy! Consider yourself sponsored.