Thursday, July 27, 2006

"We need to talk"

This is really hard for me to say. I started out being ashamed but then I decided "NO, this is who I am and people should know the truth". I have become something that I never thought I would become. I do something that I never thought I would do. I hope you will understand. I hope you won't judge me. I hope we can still be friends after you hear my confession.

OK...here goes....I am a netballer. There. I said OK. Rach and I have started playing mixed netball with some friends. It is hilarious. I spend most of my time trying to figure out what I did wrong, where to stand, where not to stand, who my opponent is and the code that the umpires are speaking.

Please don't judge me!

14 comments:

Dboy said...

Hahaha, crazy netball rules.

"Whaddaya mean I count bounce the ball!? Balls are balls BECAUSE they bounce!"

wire said...

*JUDGED*

Stephen Said said...

Mate, I have a trophy somewhere when I *captained* a mixed team to victory! Not just any league mate. I am talking in St Albans! You try and do that netball thingy over there and you get knifed! And I almost did! Go hard or go home!

Billy said...

Thanks for the encouragment Steve. Does the trophy have a really serious looking girl and a really perplexed looking guy on it?I think the time has come for mixed netballers of the world to unite!

Martin Boutros said...

Heeeeeey, if you can't tell us those shameful secrets - who can you tell?

Anyway, you can't help your sporting orientation - it's just who you are. Some of us like real more manly sports and, well, some of us like the more, well, ah, 'sharing' activities.

We ACCEPT you, as our 'special netballing friend'just as we accept male aerobic instructors, baton twirlers, white-glove mimers, water aerobicists, soup eaters and tofu munchers.

*Big Affirming Hug*

Billy said...

OK fine Rev, you got me, how did you know that I am a tofu eating mime? Are you stalking me?

Ludicrousity said...

GIRLY MAN!!!! Nah, just kidding. Netball is cool. I used to play before my physio said it was killing my knees. I just do the volleyball thing these days.

Dboy said...

...and that just kills your brain...

Dr Dan said...

What colour is your skirt Nancy Boy. Next thing you'll be telling us that you cook and do the laundry! You know that the next step is to have that surgury.

wire said...

*snip snip*

wire said...

i'm all about the sound effects.

Billy said...

Hey Dan, how much do you weigh?


And I happen to look FANTASIC in a skirt!

Dr Dan said...

I weigh more than you, a princly sum of 92Kg, mostly muscle of different shapes and sizes, many say I am a hunk of a man!! So back to you, do you wear panties under your skirt or go free style?

Ludicrousity said...

Hahahaha! I love this thread!!!