Monday, July 17, 2006

"Welcome Back Welcome Back"

BACK IN ACTION!!!! After a week of sun 'n' fun (in no particular order) I am back into it. Another week would have been lovely, but alas, schedules did not allow. I can assure everyone that the sun is still existent, it is interstate at the moment.

I also have a question. What is it that makes people volunteer in a church? What are the TRUE motivators? I am interested, not in the reasons that we should volunteer, but the reasons that we do volunteer.

4 comments:

Martin Boutros said...

Volunteer???

What the ...?

Dboy said...

I like being around my buddies, and I like being around kids.

Hence, youth group leader, or youth group leader leader :)

Dr Dan said...

I enjoy being involved in the different things I volunteer to do. I enjoy the challanges, the thrill of acheiving the impossible, the ability to make a difference to someone. I think once the enjoyment is gone, it is harder to motivate myself to participate. The questions that then begs to be answered, why does my enjoyment cease. For me it is a case of being bored or having acheived the appointment goal or feeling overworked or just not enjoying it anymore.

Steve Chatelier said...

if you're after the answer, then I've got nothing. that would suck for you if you posted this blog secretly hoping I would give you the solution. if you are interested in what motivates me, then definitely things I believe in or am passionate about...I don't have enough(?) of that puritan(??) spirit in me that would see me volunteer for anything...