Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So Close......


Today I hand in my last assignment. It is an Exegetical Notebook' That is basically the whole semesters work. Exegesis is just a fancy-shmancy word for extracting the meaning from a text. In this case, the bible. It is a technical subject, but is absolutely fascinating how often we (I) actually insert meaning into the bible (its called eisegesis).

After I finish off this assignment, perhaps I will give some examples as to what I am talking about....yes, yes I will. That is a good idea Billy, you should do that. Ok I will, thank you...me.....for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.......

OK So I can't be bothered studying..Can you tell?

6 comments:

Dboy said...

Tell us an example! Tell us it! To us!

Cantankerous!

Studdling can be triesome. You know where I mene. I hop your get away from eat all.

Steve Chatelier said...

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on eisegesis!!
Essay time for me too...such a love-hate relationship

Martin Boutros said...

Fancy Schmancy???

Is that a theological term?
Like Mamby pampy?
Or pouncy?

Jem said...

hope your getting on ok with your assignment.
I'm sitting at my desk "working". It's really hot today. and I'm sleepy. Someone wake me up!!!!

Jem x

Jem said...

Oh by the way.... A friend of my family gave birth yesterday - can you say "OMEN"! 666 and all that.

Jem x

Ludicrousity said...

I'm sure you did an amazing job! I have the last of my assignments due in next week. Yay! But boo for actually havign to finish them...